The Graduate Employability Management Scheme (GEMS)
GEMS aims to enhance graduate employability with the aim to reduce talent shortages in the key areas of economy by 2020. It will equip fresh and unemployed graduates with skills required by industries.
Successful candidate (a.k.a participant) will be attached with host company for 8 months – 12 months and undergo up to 2 months classroom training which will be scheduled periodically within the duration of the programme.
The Objectives of The Graduate Employability Management Scheme (GEMS) are:
- Act as another pipeline for the industry
- Meet industry needs and promote experiential learning
- Ensure High income graduates
- Prioritized domain-specific training for graduates
- Focus on Industry targeted by ETP (Economic Transformation Programme)
- Reduce talent shortage in NKEA (National Key Economic Areas)